I hit a wall the other day. Some day are tougher than others. Some days I feel defeated. I thought I was dumb for naming my blog after happiness. I was in a funk and this is what I did get out of it.
- Allowed myself to breakdown. Crying/Sobbing verbalizing that I was not okay
- Know that you aren’t going to magically be “fixed” right away
- Cancelled plans and was honest (you don’t have to share details, but for me I needed to acknowledge that I wasn’t in a place to follow through with plans)
- Called my mom. Mom’s almost always have your back.
- Take a break
- Journal. Vent. Find some sort of outlet. I cried to my sister-in-law. I have notes for therapy.
- Tap into that childlike wonder and love. I spent most of the dad soaking in so many cuddles and kisses.
- Sleep. Recharge.